Sunday, September 16, 2007

We Got Wheels!


There is nothing like a big, meaty American SUV to make you feel more manly in the morning. That is why we are purchasing a 89' lifted 4x4 Suburban "Mad Maxx Mobile". Now, I can drive around knowing I measure up (and beyond) to the other men in this country. Did I mention it gets 10 miles to the gallon? That is the sweetness of it all -Knowing that others around me won't mistake my family as a bunch of granola eatin'/tree huggin' bunch of liberal pansies. I might event get a sticker saying: Eat this AL Gore! Or better yet, I could get a dolls head, shave it mohawk style and put piercings in its ear then mount it to the antenna with spikes protruding from its head.

Paradoxically, it has a thick raspberry line that borders the grey paint job. This does bring some concern, and sometimes it leaves me tossing and turning at night, making me think the Suburban isn't tough enough. Fortunately, they sell spray paint here.

Jokes aside, we can use this vehicle to do desert trips when it cools down in October. Many people take expeditions in the desert for relaxing and finding fossils. The desert is littered with ancient artifacts. Some people have decorated their entire homes with fossilized eggs, bones, wood, pottery, etc... We will post some goods when we discover anything of interest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify- the stripe is hot pink- and it is the best part of the love wagon. Can't wait to take it camping. We will have to make up for our gas guzzeling sins when we return to the pacific northwest with some biofuel burnin' surf mobile.

Wearing a Man-Skirt (for now) said...

I'm sure the Triple-M would love a jaunt up to Kuwait, wouldn't he? she? Anyway, we have to find some way to hang out on this crazy peninsula. You're welcome up here anytime...We enjoy your blog.

T&K