"April is the cruelest month". But 2009-2010 has also been tough for us. A good streak must come to an end I suppose. You can't cheat the house and expect to come out ahead of suffering.
That said, it makes one appreciate simpler things in life: family, friends, breathing, eating and the now. Even Death (as all tragedies can) has a beautiful face when it reveals itself and we look for it. I learned this when my father passed away April 7th. After years sentenced to a bed in a nursing home, he finally was freed of all the pain and frustration his Parkinson's gave him. The event brought my family together closer; it taught me again how frail and absurd everything is; and how important it is to live life to the fullest with love behind each action.
So, let a few pictures do the work where words fail.
(A little background: I recently returned from Sri Lanka after a meditation/surf journey; then I took emergency leave to bury my father, which led me to getting stuck in D.C. because of the Icelandic volcano. Luckily, they rerouted me through Asia which led me around the world. Reina and Dia stayed in Saudi, but here are a few pics in the mix to round things out.)
Friday, April 30, 2010
Last Few Happenings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment